Saturday, May 16, 2009

in season......

i love the month of May for many reasons.....

a major one being...this is when our local farmer's market starts up...

which means fresh veggies....fruits.....and flowers are now available until well into September...

i made my first Saturday morning trip today.... all the first of the season's produce is so amazingly gorgeous...a beautiful bright bounty of colors...so here is a peek at what i brought home...


spring lilacs and tulips bouquet


a bunch of beautiful colored radishes....not my favorite but couldn't resist the colors...

yes...another bouquet...just couldn't say no to white lilacs (wish i had a bush}....they were dirt cheap

yummy spring rhubarb for a delicious rhubarb cake that i only make in the spring..

bunches of fresh spinach....

red and orange peppers....

i gather them all up altogether....
and
as i was leaving these were calling my name....



fresh cranberry scones.... and cinnamon bread......
it's not all about fruits and veggies in my home!!
hope you have a farmer's market in your area that you can enjoy....


{just in case you are wondering....i have decide to keep the pretty aqua lamp...most of you were so adamant on the fact that it should stay...i did take it away for a day and totally missed it so knew it was a keeper ....thanks for that idea Lottie....you all were such wonderful help..... i knew i could count on you! xoxo..... and husband still has not noticed???!}


7 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Yeah...she is keeping the lamp! I really do like it very much! I love going to the Farmer's markets too...in fact I think I may go tomorrow after church.

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Koralee
Thank you for your lovely comments. I love farmers' markets. Your pictures are beautiful and they give me a feel of what is on offer at your markets. The flowers and the red peppers. We also have the Women's Institute markets here which I alos love going to. All freshly made or grown in their gardens.
Have a lovely weekend
Isabelle x

P.K said...

the produce and flowers look brilliant, great photos, good decision regarding the lamp. cheers

Jenny King said...

I stumbled across your blog doing a google search :P It's lovely!! That is my dog, he is called Kenny. Not as sweet as he looks :P

Lynsey said...

I LOVE your blog!
As for farmers markets, we are lucky to have one, one day I hope to have my own little market stall when my fruit and veg are booming! (fingers crossed)

That lamp...is gorgeous! x

Anne Marie said...

Well Hey! Nice to meet you! Thanks for following my NDF life..
your selection from the market at bravo!

especially the scones and bread - yummmmm

sweetly lovely afternoon said...

Farmer's markets are the best! The vibrant colors of fresh produce and the most beautiful, sweet smelling flowers makes one want to jump in and do a little wiggle amongst the petals:)