Sunday, May 24, 2009

a little bit of that and this...

my weekend....
a little bit of Saturday morning cleaning...
dusting off my black and white..
{see my new painting of the stacked white mugs...a sweet daughter of one of my best friends painted it and gave it to me...a school art project..what talent}
some garden work...
new and old pots ...
wishing these new ones were as aged as my old ones...
don't you just love the cracks and the moss?

Sunday morning pancake indulgence..
we all agree that my husband makes the best pancakes in the world...
Hope your weekend was a good one...


5 comments:

~ ennui ~ said...

beautiful, beautiful images and really love that painting. Lucky girl!

Andrea said...

Beautiful....thank you! You have a way of brightening my day when I visit your blog.

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

great pictures ...the painting is gorgeous ...
and I like the old flower pots ...

Anonymous said...

Love your photos images! Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing a bit of your weekend!

Best,
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

sweetly lovely afternoon said...

Yummy...blueberry syrup!:) I, also, love an aged clay pot. Here's a simple recipe for aging a new pot: 1.) Get a little bit of plain yogurt (1/4 cup) and smear it over the surface of a terracotta pot. 2.) Take a bit of the moss from one of your established, aged pots and smear it into the yogurt areas of the new pot (gloves recommended). 3.) Place pot in the garden and wait. In a few weeks, you'll have beautifully aged clay pots covered with moss.

Blessings:)