Monday, July 27, 2009

~ a bit of this and that today ~

bonjour
i am back
refreshed and ready to blog
thank you for all the lovely comments left on my blog while i was gone
they made my heart sing
i will try to visit you all in the next few days
{if you leave a comment i always try to visit you back and say hi }
~~~
somethings i want to share with you today
these are some of the fun items sitting
on my coffee table at this moment
{above image}
i am always changing my table depending on what i find
what do you have on your coffee table today?
{bluebird/blackbird plate from my friend colleen....robin egg shell found on my patio [to my up most delight]...beautiful tags from faded plains...ceramic # balls found at stella bleu}

images from my time away
spending a few days on Vancouver Island will relax anyone


beautiful Victoria, British Columbia
we always stop at Chinatown
and the Beaconhill drive-in for the best ice cream ever



Now i may have a gift for you

Let's Pay It Forward...are you game?

Karyn of FRENCH CHARMING is making me a treasure!

I get to do the same for five new friends.
She found this wonderful way to pay it forward through Angelpea at keeping the faith.
I will send the first five people who respond to this post a little treasure.
It will be made with love, that I can promise.
It will be just for you from me.
I am willing to send my package overseas (I am in Canada), but remember, you must commit on your blog to do the same for 5 others.
I make no guarantees that you will like what I send you, but you may be pleasantly surprised.
It will definitely be hand crafted.
What I send will be just for you, with love, by my own hands.
I will complete all 5 gifts this year - 2009
I will not give you any clue what it is going to be, it will be something made in this world, something that you can touch and feel, and not something cyber.
In return all you need to do is post this text on your blog and make 5 things for the first 5 people that respond to your blog post.
Please leave me your email so I can contact you and get your mailing address.
Everyone is welcome and it doesn't matter what you hand craft.
I guarantee that you will receive something from me providing you do the same for 5 other people in your blog post.
If you would like to join in and 5 people have already agreed to participate on my blog, go stalk the blogs of the first 5 who responded until they post their Pay It Forward and get on their list.
I am thinking how much fun this will be!
I have never done anything like this before so I thought.. Why Not?
Remember you have tell the end of this year to make the treasure!
I have some great ideas of what I want to make
and it will be all packaged up beautifully
i promise

Are you willing to Pay IT Forward?
come on
please...please!

24 comments:

KnockKnocking said...

My coffee table is bare at the moment, since I have a 18 month old baby it is hard to keep the design alive. However, when I am having an especially fun day, I have an iron Asian tea set in a wooden tray.

I love your blog honey, it is always filled with beautify and joy. I would love to participate in your lovely pay it forward, however my husband is having surgery for an esophageal tumor and I just have no idea what my time will be like this week. Good luck!!

xoxo

Agnes

Magdalena said...

I just adore Vancouver, we were there on our way to Alaska. I love the pictures you posted!!
xoxo
Bunny

Duchess of Tea said...

Good morning Ms. Bluebird nice to have you back and I am delighted that you had a restful holiday. I must admit it wasn't fun visitng your blog knowing your were gone, you have a bluebirdie way of making us feel happy.
Duchess xx

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Sweet Koralee,

So happy you are back, I have missed seeing new posts on your gorgeous blog. I adore your style and eye for detail. Glad you had a wonderful time on your trip and love the photos.

Thank you for participating in the Pay It Forward and I can't wait to see who will play along and receive a beautiful handmade treasure from you!

What's sitting on my coffee table? A silver tray (love silver trays) candles, a few vintage books and a whole lot of dust! I played around too much this weekend instead of doing my chores!

xoxo
Karyn

Julie Ann said...

I'm glad you had a relaxing vaca!! The pay it forward idea sounds great! :)

Maria Confer said...

Pooh, I missed out!! But what a wonderful idea!!

Your coffee table looks way cuter than mine. Oooh, I've always wanted to travel to BC!!

Julie Ann said...

Hi Koralee :) It's me again- I would have emailed you, but wasn't sure of your email address! I forgot to give you mine as well! Lol! Mine is julie4nn@gmail.com. Yes, I would love to do pay it forward with you! Would I be able to steal your instructions for it to add to my blog as well? Thanks so much for your comment on my blog :) Have a wonderful day!

Maria Confer said...

I would love to do this, so count me in!! Email me if there's anything specific I need to know: mariaconfer@gmail.com

LaurieStar said...

What a pretty blog you have - I love all the colorful eye-candy! I bookmarked you. Do you have an Etsy site?

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! gorgeous coffee table setting...let's see what is on my coffee table...magazines, a basket with decorative do dads, a photo album on a stand, placemats and some days soda cans, water bottles, toys, keys, mail...it never end! your trip looks amazing...relaxing as well~ XO

alee said...

Hi!
I just found your blog - it is so cute & cheery! {& it has lots of robin egg blue - which is my fav. color of late!}
Looking forward to peeking in more...

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back, even nicer to see your lovely blog.my coffee table has a little candle of gardeia, on a maroon vintage placemat.With a little green bird with lacy beige wings.Enjoy the week!

Anonymous said...

that was gardenia,lol

megan edelman photography said...

Koralee! So glad you were able to get some island time in! I am at my parents, just minutes away from Willows beach as we speak...can't wait to get my toes in the sand :)

FrenchBlue said...

O darn! I missed the first five! What a special givaway... so personal and so inviting. My coffee table is full of white coral and decorating books~ I love to change always too~ there is just so many gems to put on it~
xox's

Laurel said...

Hi! I love your images- I have a lovely big bowl on my coffee table right now. I switch it out and it seems like I always think it is perfect but them I do something else:) I adore all your pics. You are so sweet:)
xxoo Laurel

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

As always, beautiful post and beautiful sentiments. Paying it forward is a wonderful way to live. As the adage goes, "do unto others..."

Carol said...

So glad you're back, friend...sure miss your wonderful way with pictures and words when you're away....what a fun idea...."Pay it forward". Wonder what this will turn out like!!!

Alicia said...

My favorite Ana Design striped green candles, an orchid, the new issues of my fav mags & the cat. No kidding he loves to lay on the glass.
I love Victoria soooo much. Theres also a great noodle shop in Chinatown thats yummy & cheap but I must admit that iits the guy making the noodles in the wondow that just makes my heart zing!!!
Welcome home.

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Oh, Koralee, I do miss April Cornell ever so much. All her stores here are gone and I used to get the most lovely bits and pieces there!

If you could just keep your eye out for me?

Oh and I would love to one of those clocks on your side panel as well...

Glad you are home ;)

Lisa

beachvintage.com said...

My coffee table is always full of books, and crayons!

debra@dustjacket said...

Lovely to have you back! So pleased you had a nice time and love your pic's! Beautiful idea of Karyn's too :)

Have a lovely day,
xxxx

ps always changing my coffee table items lol

Natalie said...

Welcome back! My coffee table is currently housing a stack of decorating books (yes, I'm addicted) and a bowl filled with candles and a small vase of fresh roses from my neighbor's garden!

à la parisienne said...

This is a wonderful idea. Anyone would be lucky to receive something that you made with your beautiful creative hands and mind!
The first picture in this post is SO you! I love it, love it, love it!!!!